Includes 2 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
Fast battleship mounts (turrets). For aircraft carriers, cruisers or late-war reconstructed, pre-war battleships such as USS Pennsylvania BB-38, 1943-1945, choose the 5"/38 Mk.32 Mounts, available separately.
Recommended for Fleetscale 1/128 scale USS Missouri BB-63
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for fast battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class. This mark was externally identical in shape to the Mk.29 mounts fit to early Atlanta class cruisers.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy drawings and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- separate trunnions with integrated barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation from +85 degrees to -15 degrees, just like the real mount
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- acurrately sized and located bolt-heads
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.