Recommended to help build USS Pennsylvania BB-38, as she appeared in 1945, from:
- Fujimi 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- and more!
This two-part model kit superstructure is intended to help the modeler convert your 1/350 scale USS Arizona BB-39 or USS Pennsylvania BB-38 model kit to USS Pennsylvania BB-38 in her final wartime appearance. This model represents the ship's enormous forward command and control tower with distinctive fighting top, supporting tripod, air defense station, Mk.37 fire control director bases, and signal deck.
Instructions describing how to convert your USS Arizona kit to USS Pennsylvania are not provided with this product when shipped to you. Please study the images shown in the carousel on this webpage to learn where each part goes, as well as online references such as photographs of USS Pennsylvania BB-38 found on NavSource:
A set of detailed, scale plans of USS Pennsylvania as she appeared in 1945 are available from The Floating Drydock:
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy drawings. Overall dimensions match scaled drawings by Thomas Walkowiak with details adjusted to match hi-resolution photographs of the actual ship
- accurately shaped decks, deckhouses and splinter shields
- properly shaped navigation bridge and pilot house
- accurately shaped and detailed fighting top with external bolthead detail and intricate internal structure
- accurately shaped fighting top rooftop radar platform with below-platform structural details
- accurately shaped air defense deck with unusual mid-deck sloped ramp
- accurately positioned air defense lookout shelters with open scuttles
- accurate doors in accurate positions, some doors open, with chevron-shaped rain deflectors
- accurate portholes of the correct size (12" and 16"), properly positioned, with rigol (eyebrow) detail
- open top flag lockers with perforated rear supports
- 20mm Oerlikon ready service ammunition lockers, their positions accurately marked by subtle, raised rectangular locator pads
- small, subtle raised locator disks marking 20mm Oerlikon positions (Oerlikons not included)
- "battle light" detail
- Mk.37 secondary battery fire control director bases (Mk.37 directors available separately)
- accurately shaped and positioned twin-gun 40mm Bofors tub (Bofors not included)
- heavy under-deck supporting structural details, accurately shaped and positioned
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.