Note: These turrets will not fit the Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit or Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit. Those kits appear to be slightly under-scale. These turrets are too big for those kits. A set of turrets scaled to fit the Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks kits is available separately.
Set includes 4 turrets, no barrels. Barrels or trunnions are available separately.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Maryland BB-46 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1944) with optional parts for USS West Virginia BB-48, built as USS West Virginia.
- Toms Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
These models represent the modified appearance of the 16"/45 caliber main battery of the Colorado class battleships USS Colorado BB-45, USS Maryland BB-46 and USS West Virginia BB-48. At various times during the service lives of the Colorado class battleships, external vent trunks were added to turrets 1, 2 and 4. These 3D-printed turrets are suitable for all ships of the class after the addition of external vent trunks. USS Maryland BB-46 had this configuration on the morning of December 7th, 1941 while anchored at Pearl Harbor on "Battleship Row".
A set of four early 16"/45 cal. Colorado class twin-gun turrets without vent trunks is available separately.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy drawings
- accurate shape - these are not Tennessee class turrets with two guns
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks for Turrets 1, 2 and 4. Turret 3, the aft superfiring turret, did not have external vent trunks
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.