This model is only available from Shapeways. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways. See Shapeways webpage for latest pricing.
Includes 1 turret with trunnion. No barrels.
This accurately shaped and highly detailed model represents the 8 inch, 55 caliber triple-gun turret of the US Navy's Baltimore class heavy cruisers as they appeared during World War Two.
A turret in its Vietnam War-era configuration is available separately.
- designed according to official US Navy Bureau of Ordnance publication O.P. 1112 dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- separate trunnion allows the modeler to set barrels to any realistic elevation from +41 degrees to -5 degrees just like the real turret (barrels not included)
- detailed rangefinder and viewfinder hoods
- accurately sized, positioned and numbered rangefinder and viewfinder hood bolt-head details
- blast bag (also known as buckler, bloomer) attachment rings
- numbers correctly representing the part numbers welded to the turret-roof viewfinder hoods
- turret roof viewfinder hood doors correctly offset to the left
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.