This set is only available from Shapeways. The set cannot be printed in gray resin. Click here to buy this set from Shapeways. For answers to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
Set includes 36 doors of 7 US Navy styles.
US Navy warships were fit with doors of many different styles and configurations supplied by several manufacturers. This set represents some of the most common styles of 5'-6" x 26" doors. The doors are detailed with structural reinforcement "bars", rub-plates for dogs (dogs not included), and left- and right-handed hinges. The doors are marked with placards for material conditions "X", "Y" or "Z", consistent with photographs of real doors on surviving ships.
Door types included:
- 4 each recessed panel doors, 2 left and 2 right
- 2 each 3-bar doors with porthole (for Fletcher class pilot houses, etc.), 1 left and 1 right
- 6 each 4-bar doors, condition "Z", 3 left and 3 right
- 6 each 5-bar doors, condition "X", 3 left and 3 right
- 6 each 5-bar doors, condition "Y", 3 left and 3 right
- 6 each 5-bar doors, condition "Z", 3 left and 3 right
- 6 each 7-bar doors, condition "Y", 3 left and 3 right
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship. These are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit parts or photo-etch sets and therefore are not the same size and shape. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch may be necessary for best fit. Cyanoacrylate "super glue" will bond these acrylic parts to other acrylic parts or your plastic kit's parts.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.