This model is only available from Shapeways. See Shapeways' webpage for current pricing. Link:
- Bandai 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I
- Hachette 1/16 scale Tiger Panzer
- Hobby Boss 1/16 scale Sd.Kfz 181 “Tiger” (# 82601)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale German Tiger Early Production (# 36203)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI "Tiger I" Ausführung E, (# 56009)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I Ausf. E RC Full Option Kit (# 56010)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI "Tiger I" Ausführung E, (# 56011)
- Tiger Models 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I
- Torro 1/16 scale Tiger I (Dynamic kit) (# 2272212501)
- Verlinden Productions 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I Ausf. E
This four-part model kit represents the left and right radiators and their associated fans and ducts of the Tiger I German heavy tank. The scaled dimensions match measurements made by expert Tiger I historian and researcher David Byrden. This model is intended to detail the engine compartments of various 1/16 scale Tiger I kits. It is not designed to match any specific kit. Depending on which Tiger I kit you have, some adjustment to your kit's plastic parts may be necessary for best fit.
- designed from measurements of the preserved radiators, fans and ducts of a surviving, fully restored and operational Tiger I preserved at the Bovington Museum in the United Kingdom
- cap details are specific to the left and right radiator
- radiators have subtle "L" and "R" markings on the bottoms to indicate which is the left radiator and which is the right radiator
- left radiator = interior blue-gray
- right radiator = black
- fans and their associated ducts = natural metal (silver)
- inlet ramp = primer red
These parts are made of acrylic plastic. Acrylic plastic does not behave like injection-molded polystyrene plastic or other resins. Glues for polystyrene plastic, like "Testors Liquid Cement" or tube cement, will not work with acrylic plastic. Cyanoacrylate (CA) "super glue" is recommended.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.