This model is only available from Shapeways. The model cannot be printed in gray resin. Click here to buy this model fro Shapeways. For answers to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
- Bandai 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I
- Hachette 1/16 scale Tiger Panzer
- Hobby Boss 1/16 scale Sd.Kfz 181 “Tiger” (# 82601)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale German Tiger Early Production (# 36203)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI "Tiger I" Ausführung E, (# 56009)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I Ausf. E RC Full Option Kit (# 56010)
- Tamiya 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI "Tiger I" Ausführung E, (# 56011)
- Tiger Models 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I
- Torro 1/16 scale Tiger I (Dynamic kit) (# 2272212501)
- Verlinden Productions 1/16 scale Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I Ausf. E
This four-part model kit represents the left and right radiators and their associated fans and ducts of the Tiger I German heavy tank. The scaled dimensions match measurements made by expert Tiger I historian and researcher David Byrden. This model is intended to detail the engine compartments of various 1/16 scale Tiger I kits. It is not designed to match any specific kit. Depending on which Tiger I kit you have, some adjustment to your kit's plastic parts may be necessary for best fit.
- designed from measurements of the preserved radiators, fans and ducts of a surviving, fully restored and operational Tiger I preserved at the Bovington Museum in the United Kingdom
- cap details are specific to the left and right radiator
- radiators have subtle "L" and "R" markings on the bottoms to indicate which is the left radiator and which is the right radiator
- left radiator = interior blue-gray
- right radiator = black
- fans and their associated ducts = natural metal (silver)
- inlet ramp = primer red
These parts are made of acrylic plastic. Acrylic plastic does not behave like injection-molded polystyrene plastic or other resins. Glues for polystyrene plastic, like "Testors Liquid Cement" or tube cement, will not work with acrylic plastic. Cyanoacrylate (CA) "super glue" is recommended.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.