Set includes 8 pedestals.
- Maly Modelart 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale HMHS Britannic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale HMT Olympic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Tehnoart Models 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
Also suitable for 1/200 scale models of RMS Lusitania and RMS Mauretania.
These eight, accurately sized and highly detailed pedestals represent the cylindrical crane operating equipment rooms of Olympic class White Star liners RMS Titanic, RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic.
Titanic and Olympic were equipped with eight electric cargo and baggage handling cranes made by Stothert and Pitt, Ltd. of Bath. Six of the cranes were rated for 50 cwt (2.5 tons). Two each of these were located on the forward well deck, the aft well deck and the poop deck. Two additional cranes were rated for 30 cwt (1.5 tons) and were mounted on smaller diameter cylindrical handling rooms. These two were located on the A Deck promenade, aft.
- Carefully scaled and detailed from careful study of drawings based on Harland and Wolf plans as well as photographs of cranes on RMS Titanic and RMS Olympic
- each pedestal has unique details - number of doors, door positions, and hinge locations are correct for each pedestal
- sprue marked for port (P) and starboard (S) pedestal locations.
- pedestals marked on sprue for location:
- "Bow" = forward well deck
- "A Deck" = aft A Deck promenade
- "Aft Well" = aft well deck
- "Poop" = poop deck
- pedestals are oriented on the sprue as they should be on your RMS Titanic model when looking from the bow towards the stern. Pedestal orientation:
- Forward Well Deck – these two pedestals have two doors. On each pedestal, orient one door facing directly inboard, the other door facing outboard and forward at an angle, with all door hinges forward
- A Deck promenade – these two pedestals are the two of smaller diameter. Orient each pedestal with its one door facing directly inboard, door hinges to the right when looking at the door
- Aft Well Deck – these two pedestals have one door. Orient the one door so that it faces directly aft, with door hinges outboard
- Poop Deck – these two pedestals have two doors. Place each pedestal so that its two doors are oriented directly fore-and-aft with door hinges outboard and small flood light forward, inboard of the door
- perfectly matched for 3D-printed cranes available separately.
These scale model crane pedestals are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, resin or paper card model kit’s parts. They may not be the same size and shape of your plastic or paper card model kit’s parts. Some adjustment of your plastic or paper card kit’s parts or any aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.