This product is only available through Shapeways. It cannot be printed in gray resin. Link: https://www.shapeways.com/product/SNNH5L292/1-350-ticonderoga-cg-47-class-cruiser-mast
- Cyber Hobby 1/350 scale USS Yorktown CG-48 & Russian Alfa
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Ticonderoga CG-47
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Bunker Hill CG-52
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Mobile Bay CG-53
- Italeri 1/350 scale USS Gettysburg CG-64
- Revell 1/350 scale USS Valley Forge CG-50
- Shanghai Dragon 1/350 scale USS Ticonderoga CG-47
- Shanghai Dragon 1/350 scale USS Mobile Bay CG-53
- and more!
This fully assembled model represents the large tripod mast of modern Ticonderoga CG-47 class guided missile cruisers of the US Navy. This detailed mast is intended as a direct replacement for Dragon/Cyber Hobby/Italeri/Revell 1/350 scale Ticonderoga class model kits' parts D26, E1, F28, F29, F32, and F44.
Carefully remove and discard the reinforcing sprue at the mast's bottom. A simple cuticle cutter may work best.
A detailed pilot house with open windows is available separately.
Advice for correcting warped parts: Warped parts are caused by the presence of uncured microscopic bits of resin within the parts, a normal characteristic of Shapeways' 3D printing. To correct the warp, fix the warped part(s) of the mast to a flat surface with clear plastic or clear tape being careful to gently position the bent parts in the desired, straight position. Then expose the mast to direct sunlight or a UV lamp for a few hours in order to fully harden any bits of liquid resin present. When released from the tape or clear plastic, the now fully hardened parts should retain their straight shape. Ultra violet light hardens the resin, not heat.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.