Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the Revell USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania model kits to be 1/426 scale, when compared to official US Navy plans, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. This 3D-printed model is perfectly scaled to match the Revell kits' true scale.
Includes 1 fighting top, the "Main Top". The forward fighting top, the "Fore Top", had different rivet and reinforcing plate detail.
Two different forward fighting top designs are available separately:
- early "Fore Top", no radar platform (click here)
- 7 December 1941 "Fore Top", with radar platform (click here)
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- Revell 1/426 scale Pearl Harbor Set USS Arizona, Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero, Nakajima B5N2 Kate
This model represents the aft fighting top, the "Main Top" of USS Arizona BB-39, USS Pennsylvania BB-38, USS Nevada BB-36 and USS Oklahoma BB-37 as the ships appeared at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. The Main Top includes the structural column that supported a diamond-shaped "birdbath" machinegun tub (tub not included).
Due to the extremely large size of the CAD file for a complete fighting top, the forward fighting top, two versions of the "Fore Top" are offered separately:
- Fore Top without radar platform, 1930-1941
- Fore Top with radar platform, December 7th, 1941
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy drawings and drawings by the late Alan B. Chesley, modified to match high resolution photographs obtained from the National Archives of USS Pennyslvania at Mare Island taken shortly after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
- accurate shape
- accurately numbered, sized and located rivets of various sizes
- accurate exterior reinforcing plates and straps
- accurate rooftop access hatches with hinge detail
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.