- Airfix 1/600 scale HMS King George V
- Frog 1/600 scale HMS Prince of Wales
- MPC 1/600 scale HMS KIng George V
The ships of the UK's World War II-era King George V class are handsome and among the last Royal Navy battleships. All had terrific service records. HMS Duke of York is best remembered for her part in the sinking of the German battleship DKM Scharnhorst in December, 1943 off the northern coast of Norway. Like many warships, each ship of the class is slightly different in appearance.
This is the extended searchlight platform fit to the aft funnel to provide a firing position for an additional 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft cannon. This part is needed to convert your model to HMS Duke of York as she appeared after her 1944-45 refit.
- proper asymmetrical shape when viewed from above
- integrated venturi (wind deflector)
- detailed underside trunking and supporting structures with lightening holes
Depending on which model kit you have, some minor adjustment to the part may be needed for best fit.
- HMS Duke of York 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- HMS Duke of York 1945 Aft Funnel Extended Searchlight Platform
- HMS Anson 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- HMS Howe 1945 Aft Funnel Emergency Control Station
- HACS Mk.IV Directors - for HMS King George V and HMS Prince of Wales
- HACS Mk.V Directors - for HMS Duke of York, HMS Howe and early HMS Anson
- HACS Mk.VI Directors - for late HMS Anson
- Type 271 and 273 Radar "Lanterns" (set of six)
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.