This set is only available from Shapeways. See Shapeways' webpage for current pricing. Link:
- Aquacraft 1/72 scale Fletcher class destroyer
- Southern Cross Models 1/72 scale USN FLETCHER Class destroyer hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Fletcher DD-445 hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Kidd DD-661 hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Cassin Young DD-793 hull
Updated design! New ammunition rack configuration based on new research.
These models represent the enlarged and re-positioned fighting positions for quadruple 40mm Bofors cannon mounts, called "tubs", fit to many Fletcher class destroyers from late World War Two. This significant and very conspicuous modification was made to improve the anti-aircraft capability of Fletcher class destroyers facing the frightening Kamikaze threat. An AA Deck House is available separately.
These models are designed from official US Navy drawings to represent the real shape and size of the tubs. They are not scaled to precisely fit any specific plastic or resin kit. Depending on which plastic or resin kit you own, some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts, other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or resin mounts, or these 3D-printed tubs, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.