This model is only available from Shapeways. See Shapeways' webpage for current pricing. Link:
- Aquacraft 1/72 scale Fletcher class destroyer
- Southern Cross Models 1/72 scale Fletcher Class destroyer hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Fletcher DD-445 hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Kidd DD-661 hull
- The Scale Shipyard 1/72 scale USS Cassin Young DD-793 hull
The 2,050-ton Fletcher class was one of the most successful wartime and post-war destroyer classes of the US Navy and arguably the most significant class in the Pacific war. 175 ships of the class were produced over a 32-month period during World War II. They were produced in two groups: 58 were built with a high, "Round Bridge" and 117 (two-thirds of the class) were completed with a low, "Square Bridge" which afforded better visibility for anti-aircraft defense. Several Fletchers served in foreign navies, the last, Mexico's Cuitl¡huac, the former USS John Rodgers, retired in 2001.
This bridge deck model is designed for Fletchers with the square bridge. Consult your resources to be sure which type you need.
- accurately scaled from Bath Iron Works builder's plans
- "Radio Central"/CIC station included below the deck
- open, exterior 5'-6" "A/T" door locations per Bath drawings and photos of actual Fletchers
- open venturi (wind deflector)
- detailed, integrated torpedo directors (two)
- integrated peloruses (two)
- integrated Mk.51 Director stands (two) - Mk.51 Directors NOT included
- exterior antenna trunks
- doors not included
- subtle locator pins to place the Pilot House (available separately)
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.