Recommended for the classic 1/600 scale Aurora USS Enterprise CV-6 kit.
Defect notice: this model's armored conning station's starboard door is filled with hardened resin - see photo.
This accurately shaped and highly detailed model represents the June, 1942 Battle of Midway appearance of the island of the US Navy's most decorated warship of World War Two, the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise CV-6, the "Big E". Enterprise received 20 "Battle Stars" for her service, more than any other US Navy warship during World War Two.
- overall dimensions accurately scaled from official US Navy plans drawn by Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Company, dated 1940
- details confirmed by careful study of period photographs of the real ship
- open Pilot House windows
- open Fighting Top windows
- open Primary and Secondary Flight Control windows
- open Battle Lookouts, aka "Vision Slits"
- open doors, ready for your favorite photo-etch (not included)
- accurately shaped decks
- accurately shaped splinter shielding and Pilot House sky lookout position shape unique to Enterprise
- properly shaped funnel cap with exterior piping detail
- properly sized and located 16" and 12" diameter portholes with rigol ("eyebrow") detail
- properly scale smokepipes passing through the entire island - forward smokepipe at the correct slope
- heavy structural deck support details (light supports omitted, ready for your favorite photo-etch)
- aft cutout for crane
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.