This model is only available from Shapeways. It cannot be printed in gray resin. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways. For answers to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
Includes 1 turret with barrels.
This three-gun turret (more properly called a "gunhouse") represents the enormous main battery of the Iowa class battleships. This set is suitable for models of USS Iowa BB-61, USS New Jersey BB-62, USS Missouri BB-63, USS Wisconsin BB-64 and the incomplete USS Kentucky BB-65 and USS Illinois BB-66.
This model is also suitable for the proposed Montana class battleships which would have been fit with 4 of these enormous turrets.
- dimensions scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints and confirmed by measurements taken from actual gunhouses on the real ships
- barrels integrated with a trunnion permitting the modeler to set the barrels to any realistic elevation from +45 degrees to -2 degrees, just like the real turrets
- open armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rangefinders with telescopic sights visible through the open shutters of the armored covers
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- detailed rooftop periscopes
- asymmetrical underside ventilation trunks (as-built 1943-1945 configuration)
- detailed turret-bottom crew access hatches
- turret roof plate screws, properly numbered, sized and located
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.