This model is only available from Shapeways. It cannot be printed in gray resin. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways.
Includes 1 turret with barrels.
This three-gun turret (more properly called a "gunhouse") represents the enormous main battery of the Iowa class battleships. This set is suitable for models of USS Iowa BB-61, USS New Jersey BB-62, USS Missouri BB-63, USS Wisconsin BB-64 and the incomplete USS Kentucky BB-65 and USS Illinois BB-66.
This model is also suitable for the proposed Montana class battleships which would have been fit with 4 of these enormous turrets.
- dimensions scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints and confirmed by measurements taken from actual gunhouses on the real ships
- barrels integrated with a trunnion permitting the modeler to set the barrels to any realistic elevation from +45 degrees to -2 degrees, just like the real turrets
- open armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rangefinders with telescopic sights visible through the open shutters of the armored covers
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- detailed rooftop periscopes
- asymmetrical underside ventilation trunks (as-built 1943-1945 configuration)
- detailed turret-bottom crew access hatches
- turret roof plate screws, properly numbered, sized and located
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.