This model is only available from Shapeways. It is too large to print in gray resin. Click here to buy this model from Shapeways. For answers to printing and shipping questions about this model, please contact Shapeways' customer service.
Recommended to help build USS Pennsylvania BB-38 as she appeared in 1945 from:
- Fujimi 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- and more!
This model kit superstructure is intended to help the modeler convert any 1/200 USS Arizona BB-39 model kit to sistership USS Pennsylvania BB-38 in her final wartime appearance. This model represents the ship's "01 Level" superstructure, the former boat deck and 5"/51 cal. casemate gun positions, heavily modified to accept eight twin-gun 5"/38 cal. mounts (turrets).
Instructions describing how to convert your USS Arizona kit to USS Pennsylvania are not provided with this product when shipped to you. Please study the images shown in the carousel on this webpage to learn where each part goes, as well as online references such as photographs of USS Pennsylvania BB-38 found on NavSource.com.
A set of detailed, scale plans of USS Pennsylvania as she appeared in 1945 are available from "The Floating Drydock" (click here).
- fully assembled
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy drawings. Overall dimensions match scaled drawings by Thomas Walkowiak with details and funnel shape adjusted to match high-resolution photographs of the actual ship
- accurately shaped deck, vents, and Bofors tub' splinter shields
- planked deck with outer waterways. planking pattern and extents match high-resolution photos
- recesses in planking for forward superstructure tower, funnel and aft superstructure tower, available separately
- recess for funnel is an accurate ellipse, not an incorrect oval with slab sides, and matches the footprint of the Model Monkey-designed funnel available separately
- pedestals for eight 5"/38 cal Mk.32 twin-gun mounts (turrets) accurately sized and positioned (5"/38 cal. mounts available separately)
- doors of the correct 3-bar type accurately located, some doors open, with chevron-shaped rain deflectors
- skylights and hatches accurately sized and located
- raised tubs for Mk.51 and Mk.57 directors accurately located with splinter shields (directors not included)
- accurate portholes of the correct size (12" and 16"), properly positioned, with rigol (eyebrow) detail
- accurately located and integrated 20mm Oerlikon ready service ammunition lockers
- small, subtle raised locator disks marking two 20mm Oerlikon positions at the aft outer corners (20mm Oerlikons not included)
- accurately shaped and positioned quadruple 40mm Bofors tubs with subtle raised locator discs (quadruple 40mm Bofors mounts not included)
- integrated barbette for 14"/45 cal. triple-gun turret (14"/45 cal. turrets available separately)
This 3D-printed model is an original 3D design accurately representing features of the real ship based on authoritative plans. This model is not a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts. It may be shaped and sized a bit differently than parts found in kits. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.