Set includes 2 cannons. Carriages not included.
- Heller 1/100 scale HMS Victory
- and more!
This set of models represents the Royal Navy, Blomefield 1790, medium-pattern (8.5 feet long), 12-pounder cannon weighing 1.8 tons (1613 kg).
HMS Victory carried three different types of 12-pounder cannon at Trafalgar.* She was equipped with:
- 12 short-pattern (7.5 feet long) 12-pounder cannons on the quarter deck
- 2 medium-pattern (8.5 feet long) 12-pounder cannons on the forecastle (this pair of models)
- 30 long-pattern (9 feet long) 12-pounder cannons on the upper gun deck
All three types of 12-pounder cannon are available separately. All types feature a raised King George monogram.
Although there were minor variations among real cannons, these models' scaled dimensions and details match dimensions from tables published in "British Smooth-bore Artillery: a Technological Study to Support Identification, Acquisition, Restoration, Reproduction, and Interpretation of Artillery at National Historic Parks in Canada" by David McConnell. Their details were matched to those of surviving cannon.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.
* "The 100-gun ship Victory" by John McKay, page 96, drawings F1, F2 and F3.