Set includes 8 mounts. No barrels.
Mk.32 mounts were fit to aircraft carriers, cruisers and reconstructed pre-war battleships. For fast battleships, choose 1/700 5"/38 cal. Mk.28 Twin-gun Mounts (set of 10), available separately, which have a slightly different shape.
- Life-Like 1/1200 scale USS Lexington built as a wartime USS Saratoga CV-3
- Lindberg 1/1200 scale Tabletop Navy 2-pack #1 WWII, USS North Carolina and USS Intrepidaircraft carrier
- Pyro 1/1200 scale USS Lexington built as a war-time USS Saratoga CV-3
- Pyro 1/1200 scale USS Essex
- and more!
Barrels not included. Please use your favorite turned brass, resin or kit's barrels.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Compared to the earlier Mk.28 twin-gun mounts (turrets) designed for fast battleships, this set of 3D-printed models represents the later Mk.32 mount which was lighter, slightly differently shaped, and designed for aircraft carriers, re-built pre-war battleships and cruisers where weight was an important consideration.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- slots for barrels (barrels not included - too fine to print)
- integrated trunnions set to +5 degrees (loading angle)
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
- roof-top mount captain access hatch
These mounts are precisely scaled to match the dimensions of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy blueprints. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic model ship parts and therefore are likely to be differently shaped and sized than the mounts found in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or any aftermarket items such as photoetch railings may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Carried by the following ships and classes:
- USS Nevada BB-36 (reconstructed)
- USS Tennesee BB-43 (reconstructed)
- USS California BB-44 (reconstructed)
- USS Maryland BB-46 (reconstructed - very late-war)
- USS West Virginia BB-48 (reconstructed)
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38, late war
- USS Saratoga CV-3, post-1942 refit
- Essex class
- Alaska class
- later Atlanta class (Oakland class)
- Baltimore class
- Cleveland class
- Wind class icebreakers (some ships)
- various auxiliaries