Includes 1 turret with barrels.
Recommended for Fleetscale 1/128 scale USS Missouri BB-63.
This model requires an extraordinary amount of time to print. Please allow additional time for production.
This three-gun turret (more properly called a "gunhouse") represents the enormous main battery of the Iowa class battleships. This set is suitable for models of USS Iowa BB-61, USS New Jersey BB-62, USS Missouri BB-63, USS Wisconsin BB-64 and the incomplete USS Kentucky BB-65 and USS Illinois BB-66.
This model is also suitable for the proposed Montana class battleships which would have been fit with 4 of these enormous turrets.
These 3D-printed turrets are designed from official Navy drawings and may be differently shaped and sized than the parts in your ship model kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket products like photoetch may be required for best fit.
- dimensions scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints and confirmed by measurements taken from actual gunhouses on the real ships
- barrels integrated with a trunnion permitting the modeler to set the barrels to any realistic elevation from +45 degrees to -2 degrees, just like the real turrets
- open armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rangefinders with telescopic sights visible through the open shutters of the armored covers
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- detailed rooftop periscopes
- asymmetrical underside ventilation trunks (as-built 1943-1945 configuration)
- detailed turret-bottom crew access hatches
- turret roof plate screws, properly numbered, sized and located
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
This turret is suitable for:
BB-61 USS Iowa
BB-62 USS New Jersey
BB-63 USS Missouri
BB-64 USS Wisconsin
BB-65 USS Kentucky
BB-66 USS Illinois
BB-67 USS Montana
BB-68 USS Ohio
BB-69 USS Louisiana
BB-70 USS New Hampshire
BB-71 USS Maine