Recommended to help build any "square-bridge" Fletcher from:
- Revell 1/144 scale Fletcher Class Destroyer
- Revell 1/144 scale Fletcher Class Destroyer, Platinum Edition
- Revell 1/144 scale German Destroyer Class 119 (Z1/Z5)
The 2,050-ton Fletcher class was one of the most successful wartime and post-war destroyer classes of the US Navy and arguably the most significant class in the Pacific war. 175 ships of the class were produced over a 32-month period during World War II. They were produced in two groups: 58 were built with a high, "Round Bridge" and 117 (two-thirds of the class) were completed with a low, "Square Bridge" which afforded better visibility for anti-aircraft defense. Several Fletchers served in foreign navies, the last, Mexico's Cuitláhuac, the former USS John Rodgers, retired in 2001.
This bridge deck model is designed for Fletchers with the square bridge pilot house. There are two pilot house types available, each with a different aft door position. Either type will fit this deck. Please consult your references to know which of the two types is correct for your ship.
- accurately scaled from Bath Iron Works builder's plans
- open, exterior 5'-6" "A/T" door locations per Bath drawings and photos of actual Fletchers
- open venturi (wind deflector)
- detailed torpedo directors (2)
- integrated peloruses (2) with 2 spares
- integrated Mk.51 Director stands (2) - Mk.51 Directors NOT included
- exterior antenna trunks
- doors not included
- subtle locator pins to place the Pilot House (pilot house available separately)
This 3D-printed model is designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real ship as recorded in official Bath Iron Works builder's blueprints. This model is not a copy of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.