Scale: 1/192 (1/16 inch = 1 foot)
Includes 1 turret with barrels.
This three-gun turret (more properly called a "gunhouse") represents the enormous 14"/50 caliber main battery of battleships USS New Mexico BB-40, USS Mississippi BB-41 and USS Idaho BB-42. It is nearly identical to the gunhouses of the succeeding Tennessee class battleships, differing only in the shape of the armored rangefinder hoods.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any card, plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings of USS Idaho BB-42 and US Navy Ordinance Pamphlet 1112 dated January, 1945, with details adjusted to match photos of the real turrets
- accurately shaped gun openings with barrel rests
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder access cap screwhead detail
- bases for rooftop periscopes
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks
- barrels are grouped on a trunnion to allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +30 degrees to -5 degrees, just like the real turrets
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.