Scale: 1/192 (1/16 inch = 1 foot)
Set includes 2 turrets: 1 twin-gun 8"/55 cal. turret and 1 triple-gun 8"/55 cal. turret. No barrels.
Two sets are required to complete one model.
This two-turret set (more properly called "gunhouses"), is designed to accurize any 1/700 scale USS Pensacola CA-24 or USS Salt Lake City CA-25 heavy cruiser model kit. Depending on which kit you own, some adjustment may be needed for best fit.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from US Navy O.P.1112 (2nd Rev.) "Gun Mount and Turret Catalog" drawings dated 15 January 1945
- correct gunhouse roof geometry
- accurately shaped armored rangefinder hoods
- four crew access doors and 172 hex-head exterior bolts properly positioned, sized and correctly placed according to photos of the actual turrets
- separate trunnion, slotted for your favorite brass barrels (not included) to allow you to position the guns to any realistic elevation from -5 degrees to +40 degrees just like the real turret
The US Navy installed two 8"/55 caliber Triple-gun Turrets and two 8"/55 caliber Twin-gun Turrets on the ships of the Pensacola class heavy cruisers of World War II fame:
- USS Pensacola CA-24
- USS Salt Lake City CA-25
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.