Set includes 2 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
Fast Battleship Mounts (Turrets). For aircraft carriers, cruisers or a late war USS Pennsylvania BB-38 conversion, choose 5"/38 Mk.32 Mounts, available separately.
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Missouri BB-63
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Iowa BB-61
- GPM 1/200 scale USS Missouri BB-63
- GPM 1/200 scale USS North Carolina BB-55
- Oriel 1/200 scale USS Alabama BB-60
Trumpeter erroneously included the wrong 5" mounts in its 1/200 scale Iowa class battleship models. They should have included Mk.28s for fast battleships. Trumpeter included what look like Mk.32s, a lighter-weight design for cruisers and aircraft carriers. The shape of the Mk.32 gunhouse is noticeably different being shorter and longer than the correct Mk.28.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for fast battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class. This mark was externally identical in shape to the Mk.29 mounts fit to early Atlanta class cruisers.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy drawings and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- separate trunnions with integrated barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation from +85 degrees to -15 degrees, just like the real mount
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- acurrately sized and located bolt-heads
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.