Scale: 1/192 (1/16 inch = 1 foot)
Set includes 2 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
- Answer-Angraf 1/200 scale USS Ticonderoga CV-14
- Fujimi 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39 - converted to USS Pennsylvania BB-38 (1943-45)
- GPM 1/200 scale USS Saratoga CV-3 (1944-1945)
- GOMIX-Fly Model 1/200 scale USS California BB-44 (1944)
- Modelik 1/200 scale USS Oakland CL-95
- Modelik 1/200 scale USS Oklahoma BB-37 - converted to USS Nevada BB-36 (1943-1945)
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale USS Arizona BB-39 - converted to USS Pennsylvania BB-38 (1943-45)
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Lighter than the earlier, heavier version designed for fast battleships, the "Mark 32" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for aircraft carriers and cruisers and other ships where weight was an important consideration such as re-built, pre-war battleships like USS Pennsylvania BB-38.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy drawings and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- detailed mount captain blast hood
- separate trunnion with integrated barrels to allow the modeler to choose any realistic elevation
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
These models are scaled from official US Navy drawings. These models are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin model kit's parts therefore they may be sized and shaped differently. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Mk.32 mounts are known to have been carried by the following ships and classes:
- USS Saratoga CV-3
- USS Nevada BB-36
- USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- USS Tennessee BB-43
- USS California BB-44
- USS Maryland BB-46
- USS West Virginia BB-48
- Alaska class
- Oakland class
- Baltimore class
- Cleveland class
- Des Moines class
- Essex class