Recommended to build the Scharnhorst class battleship Gneisenau from:
- GPM 1/200 scale Scharnhorst
- Halinski 1/200 scale Scharnhorst
- and more!
This accurately shaped and detailed model represents the upper forward superstructure of the German battleship Gneisenau as it appeared during Operation Cerberus, "The Channel Dash", in early 1942. It includes an enclosed admiral's bridge.
A separate design for 1941, as the ship appeared during Operation Berlin, is available separately.
This model is scaled to represent the features of the actual ship based on the best, authoritative references available. It is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic, resin or paper card kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic, resin or paper card kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
- accurately shaped, asymmetrical "Admiral's Bridge" with open windows
- accurately shaped deck, correct for Gneisenau
- accurately shaped upper fire control platform, correct for Gneisenau
- accurately shaped searchlight platform with service lockers (searchlight not included)
- delicate below-deck structural bracing
- accurately sized, shaped and positioned doors with hinge details
- exterior cabling detail
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast