Set includes 3 turrets with barrels.
Recommended for Oriel the 1/200 scale USS Alabama BB-60.
This set requires an extraordinary amount of time to print. Please allow additional time for production.
This set of three-gun turrets (more properly called "gunhouses") represents the enormous main battery of battleships USS South Dakota BB-57, USS Indiana BB-58, USS Massachusetts BB-59 and USS Alabama BB-60. They are nearly identical to, but very slightly larger than, the gunhouses of the preceding North Carolina class battleships and differ in minor detail.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on original builder's blueprints. Details were confirmed through careful study of photographs of turrets aboard USS Massachusetts BB-59 and USS Alabama BB-60 preserved as museum ships. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any card, plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints
- open armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rangefinders with telescopic sights visible through the open shutters of the armored covers
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
- detailed rooftop periscopes
- left periscope for Turret #2 is accurately offset slightly to the right, just like the left periscope of the real Turret #2
- turrets are marked inside (1, 2 or 3) to identify which turret is which
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks
- detailed turret-bottom crew access hatch, accurately offset slightly to the left
- barrels grouped on a trunnion to allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +45 degrees to -1 degree (-2 degrees for Turret #3), just like the real turrets
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.