Set includes 8 cranes (six 2.5-ton cranes and two 1.5-ton cranes).
- Fly Model 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Maly Modelart 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Mantua 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Schreiber-Bogen 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale HMHS Britannic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale HMT Olympic
- Szkutnik 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Tehnoart Models 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
- Trumpeter 1/200 scale RMS Titanic
Also suitable for 1/200 scale models of RMS Lusitania and RMS Mauretania.
These accurately sized and highly detailed model cranes represent the large, conspicuous, Stothert & Pitt Ltd. cargo and baggage handling cranes of many merchant steamers such as Olympic class White Star liners RMS Titanic, RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic, and Cunard liners RMS Lusitania and RMS Mauretania.
Titanic and Olympic were equipped with eight electric cargo and baggage handling cranes made by Stothert and Pitt, Ltd. of Bath. Six of the cranes were rated for 50 cwt (2.5 tons). Two each of these were located on the forward well deck, the aft well deck and the poop deck. Two additional cranes were rated for 30 cwt (1.5 tons). These two had smaller operator platforms more rectangular in shape than the platforms of the 2.5-ton cranes and were mounted on smaller diameter cylindrical handling rooms. These two 1.5-ton cranes were located on the A Deck Promenade, aft.
- Carefully scaled and detailed from careful study of drawings based on Harland and Wolf plans as well as photographs of cranes on RMS Titanic and RMS Olympic
- accurately shaped
- accurately shaped and positioned equipment lockers
- accurately sized, shaped and positioned rivet and bolt details. Bolts randomly turned for added realism
- operator platform intentionally designed slightly thicker than scale in order to be 3D-printable. All other features are designed to-scale
- perfectly matched for 3D-printed cylindrical crane equipment handling rooms available separately
These scale model cranes are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, resin or paper card model kit’s parts. They may not be the same size and shape of your plastic or paper card model kit’s parts. Some adjustment of your plastic or paper card kit’s parts or any aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.