- Airfix 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang
- Airfix 1/24 scale Mustang Mk.IV
- Airfix 1/24 scale P-51K / Mk.IVa Mustang
Not recommended for:
- Trumpeter 1/24 scale P-51B/C Mustang / Mustang Mk.III
- Trumpeter 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang / Mustang Mk.IV
This model represents the upper cowling of the famed P-51D and P-51K Mustang fighter. It is intended as a direct replacement for the Airfix 1/24 scale P-51D kit's upper cowling parts which are inaccurate in profile and shape.
- slotted Dzus fasteners
- accurate rivet detail
- accurately sized and located oil and coolant fill doors with subtle piano hinge detail
This model is an original 3D design based on original North American Aviation blueprints available through AirCorpsLibrary.com. This model is not a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts. Therefore, it is sized, shaped and detailed differently than the parts in your Airfix kit.
The overall dimensions of this model were designed to fit 1/24 scale Airfix P-51D Mustang kits. This cowling may not fit Trumpeter 1/24 scale P-51 Mustang kits well and is not recommended for Trumpeter kits.
An Airfix P-51D Mustang kit is not included.
This model is made of acrylic plastic. Acrylic plastic does not behave like injection-molded polystyrene plastic or other resins. Glues for polystyrene plastic, like "Testors Liquid Cement" or tube cement, will not work with acrylic plastic. Cyanoacrylate (CA) "super glue" is recommended.
Model Monkey P-51 Mustang products include:
- Merlin engine hollow exhausts, with Shrouds
- Merlin engine hollow exhausts, no Shrouds
- P-51D and P-51K Mustang Seat, Warren-McArthur 243B-AS1
- Radio SCR-522-A for P-51 Mustangs, etc.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.