- Airfix 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang
- Airfix 1/24 scale Mustang Mk.IV
- Airfix 1/24 scale P-51K / Mk.IVa Mustang
- Bandai 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang
- Combat Models 1/24 scale P-51B Mustang
- Heller 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang
- MPC 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang
- Trumpeter 1/24 scale P-51B/C Mustang / Mustang Mk.III
- Trumpeter 1/24 scale P-51D Mustang / Mustang Mk.IV
- can be adapted to fit other 1/24 scale Mustang models.
This accurate and highly detailed model represents the World War Two-era "Set, Complete Radio 522-A" ("SCR-522-A") used by the US Army Air Corps, Royal Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, Royal Canadian Air Force and Royal South African Air Force. In RAF and Commonwealth service, this radio set was known as the TR.5043. The radio was composed of both a transmitter and receiver within a common case, hence it being called "complete".
Often referred to as a "Signal Corps Radio", the SCR-522-A was installed aboard many aircraft types. For example, the SCR-522-A was a conspicuous feature of the P-51D and P-51K Mustang fighters, installed behind the pilot's armored seat back and visible through the bubble canopy.
This model was precisely scaled for dimensions published in the US Army Signal Corps' "Handbook of Operating Instructions for Radio Sets SCR-522-A and SCR-542-A" dated 30 December 1944. Its features match those of surviving radios.
This model is not a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts. Therefore, it may be sized, shaped and detailed differently than the parts in your kit. Depending on which kit you have, some adjustment to your kit's parts may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.