Set includes 2 machingun models.
- Advent 1/28 scale Fokker Dr. I Triplane
- Hobby Craft 1/28 scale Fokker Dr. I Triplane
- Idea 1/28 scale Fokker Dr. I Triplane
- Kitech 1/28 scale Fokker Dr. I Triplane
- Revell 1/28 scale Fokker Dr.I Triplane "Manfred von Richthofen"
- Revell 1/28 scale Fokker D.VII
- Taka 1/28 scale Fokker Dr. I Triplane
- and more!
This pair of models represents the LMG 08/15 "Spandau" machineguns used as fixed, forward-aimed, synchronized firing weapons fit to the famous Fokker Dr.I Triplane, Fokker D.VII and other German fighters of World War I.
Officially known as the "LMG 08/15", this weapon was manufactured at the Spandau Arsenal located in the western-most borough of Berlin, Germany. It is the arsenal's stamped name on the gun from which the gun's "Spandau" nickname comes.
The LMG 08/15 machinegun was a lighter-weight refinement of the earlier "Infantrie Machinen Gewehr 08" (IMG 08), but intended specifically for use in aircraft. The IMG 08 was a development of the "Machinen Gewehr 08" (MG 08) which entered German military service in 1908. The MG 08 was a development of the Maxim 08 first accepted by the German military in 1898.
The LMG 08/15 weighs 26 pounds, less than half the weight of its 57 pound predecessor.
Specifications reported by "The Vintage Aviator":
- Caliber: 7.92 mm x 57 mm.
- Muzzle velocity: 2,821 feet per second.
- Sighting range: 2,200 yards.
- Rate of fire: 400-500 rounds per minute synchroniser and engine speed dependent
- Length (overall): 46 inches.
- Barrel length: 28.35 inches.
- Weight: 26 pounds.
A 3D-printed ammunition bin is available separately.
Model © Model Monkey. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.