Set includes 5 mounts (turrets, 2 "double knuckle" and 3 "single knuckle").
- Revell 1/301 scale USS Fletcher
- Revell 1/301 scale USS The Sullivans
- Revell 1/301 scale USS Radford DD-446
- Revell 1/301 scale Zerstörer Z1
These models represent the US Navy's 5 inch, 38 caliber single mount in two configurations, the "Double Knuckle" Mk.30 Mod.41 mount, and the "Single Knuckle" Mk.30 Mod.60 mount. The "double knuckle" mount was normally placed in locations where additional turret roof reinforcement was required as protection from the blast of guns firing overhead. Fletcher class destroyers, when built, carried two of these mounts, both located on the main deck, one extreme forward and one extreme aft, known as Mounts 51 and 55. The "single knuckle" mounts were normally installed in superfiring positions on top of deck houses.
- overall dimensions made from official US Navy drawings
- an asymmetrical gunhouse (turret)
- accurately offset gun opening
- slot for accurately offset gun barrel
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure
- rear vent
These 3D-printed mounts are designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy drawings. They are not copies of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.