This four-part model kit represents the left and right radiators and their associated fans and ducts of the Tiger I German heavy tank. The scaled dimensions match measurements made by expert Tiger I historian and researcher David Byrden. This model is intended to detail the engine compartments of various 1/35 scale Tiger I kits. It is not designed to match any specific kit. Depending on which Tiger I kit you have, some adjustment to your kit's plastic parts may be necessary for best fit.
- designed from measurements of the preserved radiators, fans and ducts of a surviving, fully restored and operational Tiger I preserved at the Bovington Museum in the United Kingdom
- cap details are specific to the left and right radiator
- radiators have subtle "L" and "R" markings on the bottoms to indicate which is the left radiator and which is the right radiator
- left radiator = interior blue-gray
- right radiator = black
- fans and their associated ducts = natural metal (silver)
- inlet ramp = primer red
These parts are made of acrylic plastic. Acrylic plastic does not behave like injection-molded polystyrene plastic or other resins. Glues for polystyrene plastic, like "Testors Liquid Cement" or tube cement, will not work with acrylic plastic. Cyanoacrylate (CA) "super glue" is recommended.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/35 scale products:
- Maybach HL230 P30 motor for Tiger and Panther tanks
- Tiger I Radiators, Fans and Ducts
- Tiger I upper fuel tanks
- Tiger I 88mm KwK 36 L56 cannon barrel