Set includes 2 mounts (turrets). No barrels.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Rudderow DE-339 (1944)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale Buckley Class DE
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1944) built as USS Idaho BB-42
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS England DE-635, refit or converted to Edsall class USS Camp DE-251
Designed with upper, aft facet, specifically for John C. Butler and Rudderow class destroyer escorts. One Edsall class ship (USS Camp DE-251) and eleven Buckley class ships received two of these mounts during refits. This type was also fit to the New Mexico class battleship USS Idaho BB-42.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Two 5-inch/38 Mk.30 single mounts were normally fitted to Rudderow and John C. Butler class destroyer escorts, one forward and one aft.
- fully assembled
- scaled from official US Navy drawings
- accurate, asymmetrically-shaped gunhouse (turret)
- slot for 5"/38 cal. gun barrel set at the loading angle of +5 degrees (barrel not included)
- accurately offset gun opening
- accurate glacis (forward face) stiffener detail
- access hatches and viewports with hinge, clasp ("dog") and bolt detail
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure with accurately placed bolt-head detail
- rear vent and shell ejection chute
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.