Set includes 2 mounts (turrets). No barrels.
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS Aaron Ward DD-483 (1942)
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS Gwin DD-433 (1943)
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS Tillman DD-641 (1943)
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS Farenholt DD-491 (1942)
- Cyber Hobby 1/350 scale USS Buchanan DD-484 Tokyo Bay 1945
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Laffey DD-459 1942
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Benson DD-421 1940
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Benson DD-421 1945
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Buchanan DD-484 1942
- Dragon 1/350 scale USS Livermore DD-429
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Russell DD-414 (1943)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Jenkins DDE-447 (1950s)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Renshaw DD-499
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS Fletcher DD-445
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Johnston DD-557
These two models represent the US Navy's 5 inch, 38 caliber single mount. This "Heavyweight", or "Double Knuckle" version, was normally placed in locations where additional turret roof reinforcement was required as protection from the blast of guns firing overhead. Fletcher class destroyers, when built, carried two of these mounts, both located on the main deck, one extreme forward and one extreme aft, known as Mounts 51 and 55.
To complete your Fletcher model, you also need the three "Single Knuckle" mounts located on the deckhouses (Mounts 52, 53 and 54). "Single Knuckle" mounts of a slightly different shape are available separately.
- overall dimensions made from official US Navy drawings
- an asymmetrical gunhouse (turret)
- accurately offset gun opening
- slot for accurately offset barrel (barrels not included)
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure
- rear vent
These 3D-printed mounts are designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy drawings. They are not copies of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.