Set includes 4 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Jouett DD-396 (1943)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Moffett DD-362 (1943)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Balch DD-363 (1942)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Sampson DD-394
- and more!
This set of four 5"/38 cal. Mk.22 twin-gun mounts (turrets) represents the main battery of Porter class and Somers class US Navy destroyers of World War Two. The 5"/38 cal. Mk.22 Mount was a single-purpose (surface action only) mount enclosing twin Mk.12 guns.
- fully assembled
- overall dimensions scaled from official US Navy O.P. 1112 drawings dated January, 1945
- details confirmed from careful study of high-resolution photographs obtained from the National Archives
- accurately shaped gunhouse (turret)
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure
- accurately sized and located, access hatches and viewfinder ports with hinge, clasp ("dog") and bolt detail
- accurately sized and located gunhouse bolt detail
- barrels set to the loading angle of +5 degrees
- guns accurately offset within the gunhouse barrel slots
These 3D-printed mounts are designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real mounts as recorded in official US Navy drawings. They are not copies of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.