Set includes 6 turrets (2 "command turrets" with rangefinder hoods, and 4 turrets without rangefinders), with barrels.
- Academy 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Academy 1/350 scale Tirpitz
- Mini Hobby Models 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Revell 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Revell 1/350 scale Tirpitz
- Tamiya 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Tamiya 1/350 scale Tirpitz
This set of turrets represents the 15 cm (5.9") secondary battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. They were also intended to be installed aboard the proposed H-klasse super-battleships and proposed M-klasse cruisers. The turrets are properly known as the SK C/28.
For a detailed descrption of these turrets, see:
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships and a surviving turret at Stevnsfort, Denmark
- integrated blast bags (bloomers)
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kits' parts therefore they may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo-etch may be needed for best fit.
Note: the barrels are very thin and fragile. Caution is recommended when handling the models.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- SL-8 Domed Rangefinders (set of 12) - for Bismarck, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, and Gneisenau
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Turrets (set of 4)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Barrels (set of 4 pairs)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 15 cm (5.9") Turrets with blast bags (set of 6)
- Main Battery Rangefinders - for Bismarck and Tirpitz
- Main Battery Rangefinders - for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
- Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Twin Turrets (set of 3) - post-reconstruction
- Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Barrels (set of 3 pairs) - post-reconstruction
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- Scharnhorst Admiral's Bridge (1943) - "Battle of the North Cape"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- Kriegsmarine 160 cm Searchlights