Scale: 1/350. Turret apron diameter = 30.59 mm.
Set includes 4 turrets with integrated barrels and blast bags.
A set of turrets with trunnions (no barrels or blast bags) is available separately.
- Academy 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Academy 1/350 scale Tirpitz
- Mini Hobby Models 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Revell 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Revell 1/350 scale Tirpitz
- Tamiya 1/350 scale Bismarck
- Tamiya 1/350 scale Tirpitz
This set of 4 turrets represents the 38 cm (15") main battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz, more properly known as the Drh L C/34 mount with SK C/34 guns.
For a detailed description of the actual weapons, see:
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped and detailed rangefinder, visible within:
- accurately shaped armored rangefinder hoods with open shutters
- Turret "Anton", the forward-most turret on the ship, accurately has its rangefinder removed and the openings blanked. Only turrets "Bruno", "Caesar" and "Dora" have armored rangefinder hoods.
Note: the armored rangefinder hoods are thin and are somewhat fragile. Caution during handling is recommended.
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kits' parts therefore they may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.