Set includes 4 turrets. Barrels available separately.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Maryland BB-46 (1941) - backdated
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
- Toms Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
These turrets will not fit the Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit or Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit. Those kits appear to be slightly under-scale. These turrets are too big for those kits. A set scaled to fit the Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks kits is available separately.
These models represent the original appearance of the 16"/45 caliber main battery of the Colorado class battleships USS Colorado BB-45, USS Maryland BB-46 and USS West VirginiaBB-48. These turrets are suitable for all ships of the class including the never-commissioned USS Washington BB-47 prior to the addition of external vent trunks. A set of 4 turrets with external vent trunks is available separately.
USS West Virginia BB-48 had this configuration on the morning of December 7th, 1941 while anchored at Pearl Harbor on "Battleship Row". West Virginia's turrets did not have external vent trunks like her sisters that day.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy drawings
- accurate shape - these are not Tennessee class turrets with two guns
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.