Scale: These turrets are designed at 95% of 1/350 scale specifically to fit the Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit or Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 kit. A sample YMW kit indicates that those kits are slightly under-scale, possible due to typical resin shrinkage during curing. These turrets will also fit the Model Monkey 3D-printed USS West Virginia 1941 superstructure designed to fit Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks kits.
Sets of true 1/350 scale early or late turrets are available separately.
Set includes 4 turrets, no barrels.
Also available for these turrets:
- Set of barrels
- Set of trunnions (no barrels)
Recommended only for:
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
These models represent the original appearance of the 16"/45 caliber main battery of the Colorado class battleships USS Colorado BB-45, USS Maryland BB-46 and USS West Virginia BB-48. These turrets are suitable for all ships of the class including the never-commissioned USS Washington BB-47 prior to the addition of external vent trunks.
USS West Virginia BB-48 had this configuration on the morning of December 7th, 1941 while anchored at Pearl Harbor on "Battleship Row". West Virginia's turrets did not have external vent trunks like her sisters that day.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy drawings
- overall length: 37.09 mm
- turret apron diameter: 28.1 mm
- accurate shape - these are not Tennessee class turrets with two guns
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
For smoothest surfaces and best detail, if budget allows, choose to have your turrets printed in "Smoothest Fine Detail" acrylic plastic.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. These turrets were designed specifically for Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks resin kits. Resin kits typically experience some shrinkage during curing and may be under-scale. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- USS West Virginia BB-48 fighting tops
- USS West Virginia BB-48 superstructure, 1939
- USS West Virginia BB-48 superstructure, 1941
- Cage Masts (foremast + mainmast) - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- Cage Foremast - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- Cage Mainmast - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- 16"/45 cal. Colorado class Twin Turrets (for Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks kits)
- 16"/45 cal. Colorado class Twin Turrets (early) - true scale
- 16"/45 cal. Colorado class Twin Turrets (late) - true scale
- 16"/45 cal. Barrels - only for Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks
- 16"/45 cal. Barrels - true scale
- 16"/45 cal. Trunnions - only for Blue Water Navy and Yankee Modelworks
- 16"/45 cal. Trunnions - true scale
- Mk.19 Directors
- 5"/25 cal. Ready Service Ammunition Lockers