Recommended to help build a late-war Fletcher from:
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Jenkins DDE-447 (1950s)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Renshaw DD-499
- Tamiya 1/350 scale USS Fletcher DD-445
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS The Sullivans DD-537
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Johnston DD-557
- and more!
This model represents the deck house fit to late-war Fletchers as part of modifications to increase the ships' anti-aircraft (AA) capability. The deck house was positioned between the funnels, replacing the forward quintuple torpedo mount. Two Mk.51 directors (not included) were normally located on the deck house upper platform.
A set of two late-war, midships quad Bofors tubs is available separately.
When fitting your new deck house to your Fletcher model, position the deck house so that the water-tight door faces aft.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.