Set includes 2 funnels.
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS North Carolina BB-55 (1944)
- Classic Warships 1/350 scale USS North Carolina BB-55 (1942)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS North Carolina BB-55 (1944)
This set of accurately shaped and detailed funnels is intended to replace the funnel parts of Trumpeter's USS North Carolina BB-55 kit. When viewed from above, the Trumpeter kit's funnels are inaccurately teardrop-shaped. These 3D-printed acrylic funnels are correctly parallel-sided with a gently curving aft contour, just like the real funnels. Please be advised that the Trumpeter kit's teardrop-shaped bases are accurately shaped. It is just the funnels themselves that are not shaped correctly. Attach these 3D-printed funnels to the Trumpeter kit's plastic teardrop-shaped bases.
- open smoke pipes that pass entirely through the funnel
- accurate interior compartmentalization
- correctly shaped funnel cap
- steam pipe detail in the funnel top's service platform
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship. Their overall dimensions match 1/350 scale drawings by Thomas F. Walkowiak, based on official US Navy drawings, available as part of USS North Carolina, WWII Battleship Memorial, Technical Reference 1 by Randall S. Shoker. Link:
These parts are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/350 scale North Carolina class products:
- North Carolina class Funnels (set of 2)
- 16"/45 cal. Turrets for North Carolina class (set of 3 with barrels)
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.28 Twin Mounts, fixed trunnion (set of 10)
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.28 Twin Mounts, separate trunnion (set of 2)
- Mk.38 Directors (set of 2) with Mk.13 Radar Antennas (set of 4)
- Mk.37 Directors, angle-back
- Anchors for Battleships (30,000 lbs.)