Recommended to help build the Scharnhorst class battleship Gneisenau from:
- Dragon 1/350 scale Scharnhorst 1943
- Dragon 1/350 scale Scharnhorst 1941
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale Scharnhorst
This accurately shaped and detailed model represents the enlarged aircraft hangar of the German battleship Gneisenau as the ship appeared during Operation Cerberus - "The Channel Dash" in 1942. Unlike sistership Scharnhorst, in this configuration, the catapult was moved to a position inside the hangar and is not visible with the hangar doors closed.
This model is scaled to represent the features of the actual ship based on the best, authoritative references available. It is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
- overall dimensions scaled from scans of original Deutsche Werke Kiel builder's drawings. Details adjusted to match photographs of the wreck
- accurately shaped
- accurately sized and shaped side doors in the closed position
- delicate searchlight platform structural supports
- accurately sized, shaped and positioned doors
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- SL-8 Domed Rangefinders (set of 4)
- 10.5-meter and 6-meter Rangefinders - for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
- H-Klasse H-44 50.8 cm (20") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 15 cm (5.9") Turrets with blast bags (set of 6)
- Scharnhorst Admiral's Bridge (1943) - "The Battle of the North Cape"
- Scharnhorst Turret "Bruno" Barbette with exterior vent trunks
- Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Twin Turrets (set of 3) - planned post-reconstruction
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- DKM 160 cm Searchlights