Set includes 4 directors.
- Gallery Models 1/350 USS Intrepid
- Tamiya 1/350 USS New Jersey
- Tamiya 1/350 USS Fletcher converted to any German Destroyer Class 119
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 Forrest Sherman class USS Barry DD-933
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 Forrest Sherman class USS Morton DD-948
- and more!
- fully assembled
- accurately scaled director mount with bolt-head and access panel clasp details
- detailed base stand
The US Navy Mk.56 Director was part of a gun-fire control system (GFCS) intended to direct the fire of 3"/50 caliber dual purpose guns but was also coupled to 5"/38 mounts and 40mm Bofors mounts, from the 1950s through the Vietnam War. It was designed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It had an effective range of 30,000 yards and could track bombers at speeds up to 630 miles per hour. Among the many warships it was fitted to were battleship USS New Jersey BB-62, aircraft carriers USS Yorktown CV-10, USS Intrepid CV-11, USS USS Hornet CV-12, USS Lexington CV-16, heavy cruisers USS Saint Paul CA-73, USS Los Angeles CA-135, USS Salem CA-139, and destroyer USS Turner Joy DD-951, now preserved as museum ships.
Fit to some warships of the following classes during the Cold War-era:
- Des Moines
- Forrest Sherman
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.