Set includes 2 turrets with barrels.
Recommended for Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Detroit CL-8.
This model represents the typical World War Two appearance of the 6"/53 caliber Mark 16 twin-gun turret fit to the US Navy's Omaha class light cruisers:
- USS Omaha CL-4
- USS Milwaukee CL-5
- USS Cincinnati CL-6
- USS Raleigh CL-7
- USS Detroit CL-8
- USS Richmond CL-9
- USS Concord CL-10
- USS Trenton CL-11
- USS Marblehead CL-12
- USS Memphis CL-13
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from US Navy O.P.1112 (2nd Rev.) "Gun Mount and Turret Catalog" drawings dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- subtle, accurate, roof curvature with rivet head detail and detailed rooftop crew access hatch
- detailed crew access doors with hinge and bolt head detail
- exterior bolt heads and rivet heads properly positioned, sized and correctly placed according to high-resolution photos of the actual turrets obtained from the National Archives
- accurate gun barrel shape and muzzle detail
- barrels integrated on a separate trunnion to allow you to position the guns to any realistic elevation from -10 degrees to +30 degress just like the real turret
- detailed rooftop tank
- detailed viewfinder shutters with dog plates and hinge details (shutters in the closed position)
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.