Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
- Dragon 1/350 scale Scharnhorst 1943
- Dragon 1/350 scale Scharnhorst 1941
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale Scharnhorst
This set of turrets represents the 15 cm/55 caliber (5.9") secondary battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau. They were also intended to be installed aboard the proposed H-klasse super-battleships and proposed M-klasse cruisers. The turrets are properly known as the SK C/28.
For a detailed descrption of these turrets, see:
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships and a surviving Gneisenau turret at Stevnsfort, Denmark
- integrated blast bags (bloomers)
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kits' parts therefore they may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo-etch may be needed for best fit.
Note: the barrels are very thin and fragile. Caution is recommended when during handling.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.