Set includes 8 cranes:
- six 2.5-ton cranes
- two 1.5-ton cranes
- Academy 1/350 scale RMS Titanic
- Entex 1/350 scale The Late Great Titanic
- Minicraft 1/350 scale RMS Titanic
- Minicraft 1/350 scale RMS Titanic Deluxe Edition
- Minicraft 1/350 scale RMS Titanic Centenial Edition
- Revell 1/350 scale RMS Titanic
These accurately sized and highly detailed model cranes represent the large, conspicuous, Stothert & Pitt Ltd. cargo and baggage handling cranes of many merchant steamers such as Olympic class White Star liners RMS Titanic, RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic, and Cunard liners RMS Lusitania and RMS Mauretania.
Titanic and Olympic were equipped with eight electric cargo and baggage handling cranes made by Stothert and Pitt, Ltd. of Bath. Six of the cranes were rated for 50 cwt (2.5 tons). Two each of these were located on the forward well deck, the aft well deck and the poop deck. Two additional cranes were rated for 30 cwt (1.5 tons). These two had smaller operator platforms more rectangular in shape than the platforms of the 2.5-ton cranes and were mounted on smaller diameter cylindrical handling rooms. These two 1.5-ton cranes were located on the A Deck Promenade, aft.
- Carefully scaled and detailed from careful study of drawings based on Harland and Wolf plans as well as photographs of cranes on RMS Titanic and RMS Olympic
- accurately shaped
- accurately shaped and positioned equipment lockers
- accurately sized, shaped and positioned rivet and bolt details.
- operator platforms of the 2.5 ton cranes have a rounded, left, rear corner *
- operator platforms of the 1.5-ton cranes are rectangular *
- operator platforms are intentionally designed slightly thicker than scale in order to be 3D-printable. All other features are designed to-scale
- perfectly matched for 3D-printed cylindrical crane equipment handling rooms available separately
* Note: the models are supported above a tray called a "printing raft". The perimeter of the printing rafts is marked with either "1.5 ton" or "2.5 ton" to help identify the two different types of cranes present in this set.
These scale model cranes are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, resin or paper card model kit’s parts. They may not be the same size and shape of your plastic or paper card model kit’s parts. Some adjustment of your plastic or paper card kit’s parts or any aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.