Set includes 10 mounts (turrets - 6 "single knuckle" and 4 with upper rear facet).
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1944) built as USS Idaho BB-42.
- and others!
This set of models represents the ten 5"/38 cal. enclosed single-gun mounts fit to the battleship USS Idaho BB-42 in 1944. Idaho received a mixed set of mounts. Six of the ten mounts were typical "single-knuckle" 5"/38 cal. Mk. 30 mounts. The other four mounts were conspicuously different, of the type with the upper rear facet like those of Rudderow class and John C. Butler class destroyer escorts. This set contains the correct mix of six and four. Please view the photos of USS Idaho in the carousel to see where to place each type of mount.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real mounts based on official US Navy drawings. These mounts are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
Features of each mount:
- fully assembled
- scaled from official US Navy Ordnance Pamphlet 1112 drawings dated January, 1945
- accurate, asymmetrically-shaped gunhouse (turret)
- 5"/38 cal. gun set at the loading angle of +5 degrees
- accurately offset gun opening
- accurate glacis (forward face) stiffener detail
- access hatches and viewports with hinge, clasp ("dog") and bolt detail
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure with accurately placed bolt-head detail
- rear vent and shell ejection chute
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.