Recommended to help improve Gallery Model's 1/350 scale USS Intrepid CVS-11.
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Intrepid CVS-11 as it appeared about 1966-1967 during combat operations off Vietnam. Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 10, tailcode AK, was embarked aboard the ship during those years.
This model is intended as a more accurately shaped and better detailed, direct replacement for the Gallery Models' Intrepid kit's island.
- accurately shaped structure scaled from official US Navy plans
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port
- properly positioned deck features
- wiper motor details on the navigating bridge
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Intrepid
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Intrepid, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- integrated Phasor 90 paired-cone antennas with additonal sets for placement elsewhere on the ship
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- properly slanted and positioned antenna base outriggers
- open, intregrated venturi (wind deflectors)
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
- integrated Mk.37 Fire Control Directors
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.