Recommended to help build USS Lexington CV-2 as she appeared from 1928-1935 from Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Saratoga CV-3.
This model represents the massive funnel of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Lexington CV-2 as she appeared from her commissioning in 1928 through 1935 during which she and her crew participated in extensive training activities laying the foundation for modern carrier warfare. During this time, Lexington did not have her flight deck widened forward.
- fully assembled
- accurately dimensioned from US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings
- accurate elliptical shape, not slab-sided a some plastic kits are, and the 01 level is wider aft
- detail shapes and locations confirmed by careful study of photographs of the actual ship
- open smoke pipes, accurately sized and properly sloped and compartmented, passing all the way through
- properly sized and accurately shaped secondary conning station/aviation control station with open windows
- open drying room vents just below the funnel cap
- funnel cap roof has the correct complex curve - plastic kit manufacturers get this shape wrong
- funnel cap roof access hatches (three)
- access hatches on the roof of the fresh water tank (the boxy structure on the 01 level forward of the stack)
- accurate aft 8" fire control station "fighting top" on the funnel with open windows
- detailed, internal, twin 8" Mount #3 barbette and associated bulkheads with open scuttles which will be visible through:
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photoetch
- open portholes (airports) properly sized and located
- delicate exterior electrical cabling, properly positioned and routed
- subtle, raised locators for searchlights and directors
- heavy structural supports included
- light structural supports, railings and ladders omitted, ready for your favorite photoetch
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.