Recommended to help build USS Lexington CV-2 as she appeared from 1941 through early 1942 from your Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Lexington CV-2 kit.
This model represents the island of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Lexington CV-2 as she appeared from 1941 into early 1942 during which she conducted raids on New Guinea following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
- fully assembled
- accurately dimensioned from US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings
- detail locations confirmed by careful study of photographs of the actual ship
- proper asymmetrical deck shapes for Lexington (Saratoga's were shaped differently)
- accurate splinter shield shapes with forward cutout (Saratoga's were shaped differently)
- accurate fighting tops, including a separate top for the funnel, both with open windows
- upper top Fire Control Station (the large uppermost platform on top the tripod) includes supporting structural framing with lightening holes, subtle locator disks for rangefinders (not included) and splinter shielding of a slightly different shape than Saratoga's
- lowered shutters on the Upper Fire Control Station
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photoetch
- open portholes (airports) properly sized and located
- detailed interior barbette and associated bulkheads with open scuttles
- heavy structural supports included
- light structural supports, ladders and railings omitted, ready for your favorite photoetch
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.