Recommended to help build USS Lexington CVT-16 from Gallery Model's 1/350 scale USS Intrepid CVS-11.
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Lexington CVT-16, the "Blue Ghost", as it appeared about 1993. With minor modifications, it can be adapted for other Vietnam-era angle-deck Essex class carriers. It is not suitable for USS Yorktown CVS-10 or USS Randolph CVS-15 because those ships' islands had different bridge window configurations.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port
- properly shaped decks and features specific to Lexington
- wiper motor details on the navigating bridge
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail specifically for Lexington
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- antenna base outriggers
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
- Mk.37 director, boxy Cold War-era configuration
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.